Hey it’s Hannah here ….
It’s been 3 years now since I have been to college . I have just finished lycée and I will be going to university next year .College was a roller coaster for me . I found it very hard , my results weren’t great and didn’t have many friends . Nevertheless I do have some advice on surviving college .
- Don’t stick with the English : Sticking with the English people put’s a wedge between you and all the french people . Usually when you first get there they pair you up with an English person to help you . This in its self is not a bad thing , just be careful not to lose any french friends you may have ,
- Accept all the help you can get : I have learnt over the years that you have to take what you can get . The teachers are there to help you , They will help you how the best way they can think of . For exemple a easier dictée or being nicer when marking your test . Even offer group help . If I could give any advice : don’t fight it .
- Don’t feel stupid : I have felt so stupid when I wasn’t understood or I got it wrong . I am really shy and an extreme introvert , as a result it was a nightmare to participate in the lesson .
- ATTENTION : One teacher could make you feel stupid when an other could be really patient . Don’t think all teachers are unfriendly because one you have come across is . The Key is to continue participating until you feel confident . It’s a working progress , it won’t happen over night . Sometime you will get knocked down ,you might lose your confidence . Eventually you will find it again.
- Eat in : For the most part it allows you to make friends while socialising .